Sunday, September 21, 2008

A start



First - This song is really powerful. I remember the whole congregation was weeping, and about how God really touched them through this song. Thank God for this song!

Yesterday's sermon was about self-esteem. Really thank God for the sermon yesterday. And before that was a powerful testimony. About how God changed the girl's life. And her family too. And yes, by the way. I'm not writting this blog to boast about how God helped me through, but to yes, help anyone who's in the same situation, and how God helped me out of it.

Yesterday me, Mindy, Evan and Joanna sat down and really had a nice talk :) We talked about most of the end times. And even getting and building a closer relationship with God.

And mindy talked about the sufferings. Something really hit me, About the 7 years of tribulation i think. And it's like, Christians will be persecuted. And it's for like only a short time compared to ETERNITY man. Would you suffer, just during the end times to STAND up for God, or would YOU, enjoy life, deny Christ and go to hell, and suffer for the whole ETERNITY? That's something really powerful to think about :)

We were talking about tongues too. About how natural it can be. Holy Spirit just guides us all the way, and it's like. Eventhough we don't really know what the other person needed, it just appears in our mind to pray. Very awesome it is :)

I've learnt to change my:
1) To judge people in my mind - Killer.
2) To love the unlovables. Not to be so irritated, And screaming at them most of the time.
3) To do everything for God, not for Men to see.

That's the vital part i'm changing now. So, please pray for me about this :)







Yesterday was Jeremiah 1 for the sermon. And i went home and read about it.

Jeremiah 1

4 The word of the LORD came to me, saying,

5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

6 "Ah, Sovereign LORD," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."

7 But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. 8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.

9 Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth. 10 See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant."

17 "Get yourself ready! Stand up and say to them whatever I command you. Do not be terrified by them, or I will terrify you before them.

18 Today I have made you a fortified city, an iron pillar and a bronze wall to stand against the whole land—against the kings of Judah, its officials, its priests and the people of the land.

19 They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.

How awesome is our Lord? I've learnt from this, to be like Jeremiah. To be even able to evangelise. And not be terrified, for God will terrify me before them. I've learnt too, that God will be with us, and will rescue us whenever we're out there. In the world.

1 comment:

CJOSE said...

Rmb wat ever you write right now :)
Never turn away from God. Always stay close to HIM. aND so in love with HIM! let nothing stop u from loving HIM!!! jIA YOU... see u in heaven too :)

love ya always,
josephine chan