Friday, July 18, 2008

Start of a New Life

Hello! I'm just here to blog about what God has spoken to me about my life, and yeah. So this shall be an E-Spiritual Journal for me. Why? Just to keep track, so that when I'm down or anything, I can read this again, to Spur me on! :)

18th July 2008


Devotion
Yes i've been pondering about the littlest things we've done. And for today's devotion i read about How little things are, but the consequences is great. And the author said that from a small mosquito bite, he nearly died of blood poisoning. And it's all because of something as tiny as a mosquito. (From "The Daily Bread")

James warn us about another little thing that can also be very destructive - the tongue. Eventhough the tongue is little, it boasts great things. Although the tongue is small, there is nothing small about the damage it can do. Words carry with them the power of healing or a destructive capacity far greater than the poison of any mosquito bite.

So, we must use words with great wisdom and care.

A careless word may kindle strife, A cruel word may wreck a life, A timely word may lessen stress, A loving word may heal and bless. - Anon

The tongue can bring death or life;
those who love to talk will reap the consequences.
-Proverbs 18

It is better to bite your tongue than to let it bite someone else.

Quiet Time
Job 13

20 "Only grant me these two things, O God,
and then I will not hide from You:

21 Withdraw Your hand far from me,
and stop frightening me with Your terrors.

22 Then summon me and I will answer,
or let me speak, and You reply.

23 How many wrongs and sins have I committed?
Show me my offense and my sin.

And God spoke to me that, I should set my focus back to Him, and because i've been escaping reality, and that not to be distracted by things that will come along the way. Things like temptation, like fame, money. But all these things are useless, but what i really need is God, a God that will deliver me from all my troubles. And instead of complaining, I should set aside things, and Praise Him even It's during my tough times. Cause He'd make it better for me, And no matter how hard i try, How the littlest things i've done, He sees it. :)




No comments: